Donate Now
Add me to your mailing list

Village Without Walls


Community Resources


AARP Home Fit Guide: This guide describes how to make sure your home is safe and fit for meeting your needs while you age. It also provides information about how to do retrofits yourself, or how to find a qualified contractor to assist you.  For those with a Member Plus status, some of these retrofits may be supplied by a volunteer handy man. Be sure to check with member services regarding your needs and the availability of volunteers.

Advance Care Planning – Five Wishes:  Five Wishes is changing the way America talks about and plans for care at the end of life. More than 23 million copies of Five Wishes are in circulation across the nation, distributed by more than 40,000 organizations. Five Wishes meets the legal requirements in 42 states and is useful in all 50.

ADRC (Aging and Disability Resource Connection of Oregon) is a highly interactive, single information place where consumers, community-based organizations and municipal government workers all can go to easily access a wide variety of important information. The resources in this “virtual community” include a fast, comprehensive Service Directory; links to pertinent Web sites from across the nation; a comprehensive, easy-to-use Library; a political advocacy tool; community message boards; and many others.

Community Action of Washington County - Energy Conservation Program provides help with weatherization of the home: Insulation, Air/Duct Sealing, Ventilation, Heating systems, Windows. Contact: call 503-906-6550 or email

Critical Home Repair: Willamette West Habitat for Humanity is a program which serves Beaverton, Aloha and Hillsboro. It helps low/fixed-income adults who lack the physical and financial means to fix household problems that make it hard to live safely. Contact Anthony Grimaldi  by phone (503-844-7606 ext. 110) or email ( to find out if you qualify. Click brochure for more details.

Disability, Aging and Veteran Services (DAVS) is Washington County’s central clearing house and assistance organization for seniors, veterans and people with disabilities in our county. They offer services, usually at no cost to seniors. 5240 NE Elam Young Parkway #300,
Hillsboro, OR 97124. 1-855-ORE-ADRC (673-2372)

Homebound Books by Mail Service- Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) Homebound Service provides mail delivery of library materials and information free-of-charge to Washington County residents or caregivers of residents who are physically unable to visit their public library. For more information, check the website or call (503) 648-9785.

Income Cap Trusts are designed to hold the Medicaid applicant’s pension and Social Security income. A bank account is set up in the name of the Income Cap Trust. Each month, all of the ill person’s income is deposited into the Income Cap Trust account. So long as the trustee of the Income Cap Trust (usually a spouse, partner or adult child) agrees to spend the income in a manner approved by Medicaid, the ill person will not be disqualified from receiving Medicaid assistance, even though his or her income is over the Income Cap. Click here for Trust information in Oregon.

Legal Assistance for Seniors:  Washington County residents ages 60 and over may be able to obtain free legal services from the Oregon Law Center (OLC). OLC provides free civil legal services to low-income people. Through a contract with Washington County Disability, Aging & Veteran Services , OLC is able to provide some services to seniors regardless of income.

Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance
: This is the Oregon state site for information on the Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance Program (SHIBA).


Village Without Walls, 1333 NE Orenco Station Pkwy #572, Hillsboro, OR 97124

Phone: (503) 207-8729  -  Email: