Village Without Walls promotes community by providing opportunities for social interaction. Connections are very important for seniors in our communities and we encourage our members and volunteers to participate.
The Village organizes social, cultural, educational events, plus exercise, organized games and arts and crafts activities. We also publicize community events and activities that we think would be fun, helpful or educational for our members. Check out our monthly ACTIVITY CALENDAR for current opportunities. You may print the activity calendar or save it to your computer or tablet.
All of our members and volunteers are encouraged to let us know about new activities and events in which they would like to participate.
Below are examples of activities we have provided in the past and continue to organize for our members.
* Fitness videos
* Virtual happy hour and coffee social
* Educational presentations
* Movie night (coming soon)
* Monthly happy hour and coffee socials
* All Village potlucks
* Annual All Villages Hillsboro Hops game
* Annual Member and Volunteer meeting
* Regular singalongs
* Theater outings to the Theatre in the Grove, Bag and Baggage Vault Theater
* Concerts at Walters Cultural Center and local churches
* Visits to the Japanese Garden and the Five Oaks Museum (formerly Washington County Museum) are being planned for the future.
* Emergencypreparedness for us and our pets
* Introductory watercolor class
* Arts and crafts classes (bead jewelry making, collage, and card making)
* Senior resource fair is being discussed
Fitness and Organized Games
* Tai Chi Chih classes
* Board games