Why Become a Member
An annual membership can simplify your life, save you money, help you maintain your home, reduce your stress, keep you mobile, and connect you to others in your community. The benefits include confidence, social contacts, independence, and peace of mind.
Even if you’re not ready to take advantage of our volunteer services, the Village provides many personal benefits that aren’t as obvious. Village membership contributes to overall life satisfaction and provides opportunities to give, not just receive.
So please take a moment and consider these 5 “other” great reasons for joining Village Without Walls:
Don’t wait - join today to help ensure that the Village will be there when you do feel ready
- Help to create a culture of mutual care in our communities.
- Stay connected. The Village helps members avoid isolation by encouraging them to get to know and trust their neighbors in a deeper and more meaningful way.
- Village volunteering (helping your fellow members) provides personal satisfaction.
- Village outings and activities benefit your body, mind, and spirit.
- The Village provides peace of mind. You know that a lot of caring neighbors will be there for you if an emergency does arise.
General — Members are residents aged 55 and older who live within the Village Without Walls boundaries* and residents over 18 with a chronic illness or disability who would benefit from services and programs that support independent living.
Members must be able to manage the activities of daily living and communicate their needs effectively.**
Residence* — Persons who live within the service area may join our Village. Neighbors living on streets that form the boundary between Village Without Walls and Viva Village may choose which Village they wish to join. This allows friends who live on either side of the boundary street to be members of the same Village.
Capacity for living independently** — Village members must be:
- Responsible for and capable of making key decisions about their own lives.
- Living in a residence that presents no known threats to health or safety.
- Self-sufficient in meeting personal care needs either through self-care or arrangements with a personal care giver.
- Enrolled in a medical coverage/plan and have an identified medical provider (doctor/clinic/neighborhood health facility).
- Willing to provide advance contact information of a family member, friend, or other person whom the Village is permitted to contact in case of emergency.
For information about Membership Types and related fees, go to the Membership Benefits/Costs page.
Contact Us if you are Interested in more information.